Being an administrator, you may have to interact with the CEO one minute and the next minute a floor cleaner. What is expected from an Admin, varies from organization to organization.
But overall, an admins role is to be very flexible and friendly, approachable with good inter personnel skills. Also, as an admin you are expected to learn quickly. Having said that, make sure your resume conveys this message if you posses these skills.
Apart from the basic resume contents like contact information, employment history, qualification etc, following additional tailored information could be helpful to you.
– Mention How flexible you are. This is a plus for any role. But, for an admin, it is a required soft-skill.
– How good you are as a people friendly person?
– How do you handle others’ egos? If you can speak CEO language as well as layman’s office language, do mention it.
– As an admin, you might have to learn new processes and undergo new training programmes. Mention your quick learning skills.
– Mention how you have reduced costs and saved money in your department or the organization in general by any means.
– Narrate in brief why you should be called for the interview. For example Oracle certified database administrator with 5 years of experience, experienced hospital administrator with relevant skills etc.
– Mention any technical or computer qualifications and personality development, diploma in office administration or hospital administration etc done as a course with its content in brief, the duration, institute and also its results.
– Mention how you improved the efficiency and productivity within your department or the organization in general.
– Highlight any other achievements that have benefited your department and obviously your organization in general.