Localization Project Manager – Shared Services
Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.
Localization Project Manager – Shared Services– job post
Santa Clara Valley, CA 95014
Full Job Description
Posted: Jun 21, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Enriching lives. It’s not just a slogan; it’s what Apple people strive to do every day by building extraordinary products, by creating amazing experiences, and by inventing new ways to do better, reach farther and think bigger in everything we do and for everyone we connect with, without exception. That’s just us. If it’s also you, come join us! In this role, your work as a localization authority will help our team provide Apple customers and employees across the globe with an “Apple experience” catered to their native language. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of the Localization Shared Services team contributing to Apple’s steady international growth, supporting various Apple teams that require localization of their content.
- At least 5 years of directly related experience
- Understanding of localization concepts such as translation memories, terminology, style guides, DTP, and content management systems, as well the roles they play in managing localization projects
- Experience with computer-aided translation tools such as SDL WorldServer, Trados Studio, etc.
- Proven experience with different localization methods in addition to document translation, reverse translation, CMS integration, video subtitle and voiceover localization
- Ability to communicate and collaborate by partnering with teams located all over the world
- Capacity to uphold professionalism and integrity at all times, treating colleagues, business partners and vendors with equal respect and making every effort to deliver on projects and commitments
- Open to learning new tools, processes and concepts, always looking for ways to improve
- Proficiency in languages other than English a plus
- Proficiency with Apple products and applications preferred
In this role you will receive and understand localization requests from business partners, advising on methodologies as appropriate. Lead the full cycle of a localization project which includes assessing the quality of source files, crafting projects in WorldServer, handling vendor queries, tracking timelines, and checking and delivering localized files. – Ensure open communication among partners, vendors, linguistic quality teams and fellow team members throughout the course of a project. – Handle production finances, which includes requesting and reviewing quotes from vendors, obtaining approvals, and keeping track of project cost. – Actively engage with various partners within Apple, to encourage constant feedback on translation quality, educate them on localization standard methodologies, and evangelize the benefits of including localization in scope during the early stages of content development. – Work with Apple-approved localization vendors to train linguists on Apple content, style, terminology etc. Provide reference materials to give linguists more context and background information about each project. – Create or lead creation of reference documents including partner profiles, localization process documents, style guides, and glossaries. – Collaborate with our Quality Management team in monitoring linguistic quality and vendor performance. – Engage in various production, reporting and other administrative tasks in support of ongoing localization programs and initiatives as appropriate.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience