Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.
2nd Shift, Monday – Friday, 4:00PM – 12:00AM
Move the freight that moves the world forward.
At XPO Logistics, one of the world’s leading logistics and transportation companies, we provide the solutions that organizations around the globe count on. As the Material Handler, you’ll play an important role in making sure freight gets where it needs to go. You’ll work alongside a top caliber management team that understands the transportation industry. If you’re excited about the challenge of working for a rapidly growing global company, we have an opportunity for you to grow with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Assist with shipping and receiving activities, including unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing orders to sales associates for processing
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders and requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed and/or shipped
- Fill requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools and other stock items; distribute items to shipping team
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for employee and customer traffic
- Complete your work in a safe manner; adhere to all safety policies and procedures
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be at least 18 years of age
- The ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
It’d be great if you also have:
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends, due to varying freight volumes
- Dock or warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Forklift experience in a freight or Less-than-Truckload (LTL) environment
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.