We often observe parents who are impatient, angry or exasperated because life nowadays is stressful and hectic. This has made parenting and raising a child a tough and confusing issue at times. How does a parent meet all demands of life and still always be available for your child? How do you deal with issues like discipline, sibling rivalry and unhealthy eating habits? How do you make sure that what you are doing as a parent is appropriate and successful parent coach can answer all these questions.
A parent coach is a trained and certified professional who empowers families to resolve conflict and find answers to their issues. Since coaching is about relationships, the main focus is on parent Â child relationship; yet the parent might choose individual coaching. A parent coach understands that each family is different. They know how to respect and acknowledge these differences and make the most of them. A parent coach helps families develop stronger bonds which do not break despite how much distance is put between a parent and a child.
A parent coach undertakes a training program which can be 9 to 12 months long. Persons interested in parent coaching usually enjoy people and like being in service. You might be a writer, seasoned parent, a teacher, a student or a counselor by profession; and with a certified program you can become a parenting coach and help make a difference in people’s lives. Just as a coach puts the team together and teaches it to function as one organic whole, a parent coach puts families together and helps them to function cooperatively.
Why Pick Parent Coaching as a Career?
- Parent coaching as a career is rewarding and fruitful. You not only earn money but also make a difference in someone’s life. As a parent coach you help families develop deeper and stronger bonds. Under your guidance parents will learn how to raise children who are healthy and happy physically, emotionally and psychologically. You will help parents relate to their children better and vice-versa. The relationship you develop with the families you work with will be personal and lifelong.
- As a professional parent coach you have the freedom of working from home. You do not have to give up your current employment. Parent coaching gives you the freedom of flexible work hours and you can start part-time. The time of meeting can be decided by the client and you. You can meet the parent in person or hold conversations over telephone or E-Mail. The time span of the meeting is not fixed either. It is a career which gives you the complete freedom of deciding how, when and for how long you want to work.
- Unlike a child or a relationship counselor, your bond with your client will be deeper than professional. Your are not solving past problems like a therapist; you are finding answers together to present issues. Your meetings with clients will not be time oriented sessions where only you are to talk. The sessions you undertake as a parent coach will be interactive participation from you as well as the client’s side. Also, your unique style of working will be your strength. You will not be expected to fall into a stereotype role.
- Training to be parent coach is both practical and cost effective. These programs are generally undertaken through distance learning. You can train to be a parent coach while studying or working. Even after you have earned your certificate, you have the freedom to decide when you want to step into this field. How long you want to be a professional parent coach is also decided by you alone.
- If you are a parent, a career in parent coaching will prove to be most beneficial. You will know the professional secrets of dealing with issues concerning your children. Your parenting skills will be better than ever. You can also help others gain though your experiences and knowledge. Again you have the freedom of deciding whether you want to work at a professional or personal level.
Parent coaching is an apt career choice for anyone who wants to help people and make a difference. To help bring up a child who turns out to be loving, successful and happy is a reward in itself. Contact http://www.academyforcoachingparents.com if you want to be a part of this fast growing industry.
About the Author
Academy for Coaching Parents International (ACPI) provides a distance-learning program with course materials for five subject areas that will prepare students to operate their own Parent Education and Parent Coaching business.
Â© Copyright 2007, Academy for Coaching Parents International. All rights reserved. This Article is Copyright protected. Republishing & syndication of this article is granted only with the due credit, as mentioned, retained in the republished article. Permission to reprint or republish does not waive any copyright. The text, hyperlinks embedded on the article and headers should remain unaltered. This article must not be used in unsolicited mail.