Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.
AppleCare Engineering – New Product Readiness Project Manager– job post
Santa Clara Valley, CA 95014
Full Job Description
Posted: Jun 21, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
At Apple, we want to make phenomenal products that enrich our customer’s lives! AppleCare is looking for a self-motivated project manager to chip in to this mission. You’ll combine thoughtful customer insights and personal experience to prepare AppleCare for new product releases. You will work together with cross-functional partners from software engineering, product marketing, legal, operations, and product design to create customer support experiences that are the best in the world.
- Project management is a field that has many different paths to success. We have found there are many ways to be successful as a project manager at Apple, but the candidates who succeed tend to have the following traits in common:
- Leadership and influence: A passion for inspiring, motivating and influencing others in the quest to achieve mutual goals.
- Creativity, curiosity and drive: Constantly thinks out of the box to increase efficiency and frequency of achieving your goals, and in overcoming challenges and hurdles.
- Technical aptitude: Sound technical knowledge that enables you to understand and foresee issues and challenges in new products.
- Effective Communications skills: Excellent verbal and written presentation skills with the ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Social: Enjoys building and managing relationships with various kinds of people.
- Flexible: Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains calm in the face of uncertainty and able to compromise when possible. Able to adapt new information to existing domain of expertise.
- Experience with customer support and contact center operations are a bonus but can also be learned within the role.
An AppleCare New Product Readiness Project Manager is responsible for overseeing product support for all facets of Apple products. They lead project teams responsible for identifying why customers might need support from AppleCare, and they implement corrective or preventative actions to tackle issues which customers commonly experience. A successful New Product Readiness Project Manager solves problems so customers rarely need to contact AppleCare for help, and if customers do seek help from AppleCare, they believe their time is well spent. In this role you will: – Forge strong cross-functional relationships across Apple in order to identify potential new product impact on the AppleCare business, and develop / drive new product mitigation strategies for AppleCare. – Lead projects to prepare internal and public-facing materials designed to help AppleCare provide support to customers, and to help customers solve issues without assistance. – Work with other teams at Apple to change product behaviors or documentation to improve the user experience using customer feedback, data, and personal observations. – Design tools and systems to provide customer support at scale – Utilize engineering, operations, and AppleCare insights to estimate and influence expected cost for product support strategies – Organize AppleCare’s various support teams to respond to issues discovered after products are released, and deliver solutions to customers which lead to satisfactory outcomes.
Education & Experience
A BS degree in any engineering field is encouraged but not required for this role. Equivalent experience should demonstrate the ability to design solutions to problems