Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.
Full Job Description
Continue to Grow with XPO.
At XPO, we know our greatest asset is people like you – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work. Your career matters to us because your passion and excitement will help keep our company moving forward.
Pay starts at $17.87
- $1,500 in bonuses available
Move the freight that moves the world forward.
At XPO Logistics, one of the world’s leading logistics and transportation companies, we provide the solutions that organizations around the globe count on. As a Dockworker, you’ll play an important role in making sure freight gets where it needs to go. You’ll work alongside a top caliber management team that understands the transportation industry and how to bring out your best. Become a part of our fast-growing, dynamic team and we’ll help you build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight
- Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies
- Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety policies
- Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
- Work on a dock that is not climate-controlled for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends, due to varying freight volumes
It’d be great if you also have:
- Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload environment
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Desire to succeed with a strong attention to detail
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 70 lbs. occasionally)
- Sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including a pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary
Be part of something big.
A $500 retention bonus will be paid to those eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 6 months of continuous employment with XPO Logistics in their current qualified position. Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 12 months of continuous employment in their current qualified position will receive another $500 bonus. Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 18 months of continuous employment in their current qualified position will receive another $500 bonus. The bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply. Current XPO employees are not eligible for retention bonuses.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.