Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.
Part-Time Residential Counselor– job post
$20 an hour
Full Job Description
In response to COVID-19, we have instituted many safeguards to protect our employees by requiring that all staff and clients be required to wear masks prior to entering our facility, are COVID symptom screened and contact traced, we are taking temperature checks daily, and have installed a clear protective barrier at our front desk.
Please note: You may be required to take a COVID-19 test prior to entering the facility.
Bonita House, Inc. (BHI) is a well-respected nonprofit mental health agency with multiple sites in Alameda County and an operating budget of $7.5 million. Founded in 1971, Bonita House is also a social rehabilitation agency providing a full range of Medi-Cal services to adults with co-occurring serious mental health and substance use disorders.Bonita House utilizes a strengths-based social rehabilitation model and is a highly respected provider of integrated dual diagnosis treatment.
Under the direction of the Program Director and Assistant Program Director, the Part-Time Counselor is responsible for providing group and individual counseling to adults diagnosed with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders providing ongoing assessment, intervention, and crisis management as needed. As part of a multidisciplinary team, this position provides strength-based therapeutic care, facilitates a wide variety of recovery-oriented activities, and offers training and coaching in life skills within a 24/7 milieu setting. Relief Counselor are an integral part of the treatment team, providing coverage when full time Residential Counselors are unable to work (due to training, vacation, illness, etc…). Relief Counselor make themselves available for several or more of the following shifts per month:
Available shifts: Saturday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Saturday 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm, and Sunday 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
***Resumes must include their start and end dates in MM/YYYY format in order to be considered.***
- Must be able to pass community care licensing criteria for employees of residential care facilities, and pass the Federal Background check, including fingerprint check.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work both independently and as an active and self-initiating member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Must have a valid, current driver’s license with an insurable record and be willing to drive the agency van for outings when needed.
- Must demonstrate a high-level of professionalism with the capacity to set boundaries kindly and consistently with a diverse population of residents in a milieu setting.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm, flexibility and be able to work amicably with multiple team members.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of people from the house in the event of an emergency.
Candidates MUST qualify as a Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (MHRS) by having fulfilled at least ONE of the following:
- AA degree with six years’ experience working in mental health or substance use disorder treatment, or related social services.
- BA degree with four years’ experience working in mental health, substance use disorder treatment, or related social services.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related field and two years’ experience working in mental health or substance use disorder treatment, or related social services.
- An AMFT or ASW registered with Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Must be able to assist physically in the evacuation of people from the house in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability:
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Status”).