Top-rated hiking trails in the Pacific Northwest
The Pacific Northwest is home to some of the most beautiful and diverse hiking trails in the world. Here are a few of the top-rated hiking trails in the Pacific Northwest:
- Mount Rainier National Park: This national park is home to numerous hiking trails, including the popular Skyline Trail and the strenuous Wonderland Trail.
- Columbia River Gorge: The Columbia River Gorge offers stunning views of waterfalls and the Columbia River, and features trails such as the Eagle Creek Trail and the Angel’s Rest Trail.
- Mount Hood National Forest: Mount Hood National Forest is home to numerous hiking trails, including the popular Timberline Trail and the Ramona Falls Trail.
- Olympic National Park: Olympic National Park is a diverse wilderness area that offers trails for all skill levels, including the popular Hoh River Trail and the Hurricane Ridge Trail.
- North Cascades National Park: This national park features rugged peaks, glaciers, and alpine lakes, and is home to trails such as the Cascade Pass Trail and the Ross Lake Trail.
Regardless of which trail you choose, be sure to come prepared with the proper gear, food and water, and a map. Check weather conditions and trail status before starting your hike, and be mindful of your surroundings and the impact you are leaving on the environment.