Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.
Communications Specialist– job post
Full Job Description
- Knowledge of all aspects of communications, including strategic planning for various media venues, technical aspects and requirements of various venues, and most appropriate and effective applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical applications to effectively direct technical staff, or personally perform technical work, including design concepts, various media, and applications.
- Solid skills to create, develop, and implement comprehensive long and short term strategic communications plans.
- Knowledge and skills to advise and consult with management to ensure delivery of the desired message to the target and / or broad general audiences.
- Solid written, verbal, interpersonal communications, active listening and political acumen skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Knowledge of the organization, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, policies, practices, infrastructure, and a strong knowledge of current affairs, and issues in higher education and / or health sciences.
- Knowledge of location protocols and channels for communication internally and externally.
- Thorough knowledge of the campus and / or medical center, including its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives and infrastructure.
- Thorough knowledge of the campus and / or medical center products and services.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Job Code and Payroll Title
Appointment End Date