Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.
Manager, Store Journey Design & Discovery– job post
Santa Clara Valley, CA 95014
Full Job Description
Posted: Jun 16, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
The Store Journey Design & Discovery Team is looking for an experienced leader to manage a team of program and project managers to create, implement, and refine end-to-end customer journeys. Our team’s mission is to design immersive, seamless, and innovating experiences and spaces to make Apple Retail the best place to discover and buy Apple products. Do you have experience leading teams of incredible service designers? Do you inspire teams to envision new concepts and programs to meet evolving customer needs? Are you passionate about crafting delightful customer experiences? Do you love the challenge of taking existing customer experiences and retail spaces to the next level? If so, we want you on our team!
- Experience crafting and implementing customer journey design/service design framework at an organizational level to create consistency in approach. Your own portfolio of design artifacts, including service journeys/blueprints and wireframes a plus.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing new concepts or programs in a fast paced, experiential retail environment.
- Proven ability to improve a retail customer experience by recommending insight driven (data, trends, internal and external research) journey changes and space design requirements.
- Expertise in rapid iteration, user testing, and data driven tests to learn through prototyping.
- Ability to quickly develop wide-ranging cross-functional partnerships and establish productive relationships to address complex problems.
- Ability to self-direct and problem-solve in sophisticated, ambiguous, or constantly evolving environments while balancing multiple work-streams.
- Ability to identify and build the processes vital to get work done and seeks ways to improve processes, from minor tweaks to complete journey reengineering.
- Experience in directly building, managing, and developing a diverse team of varying levels of experience.
Working closely with our cross-functional partners to deploy and scale, you will work hand-in-hand with partners across Apple Online Store, Real Estate, Retail Marketing, Marcom, Merchandising, and Store Operations. An effective and inspirational storyteller and presenter to diverse audiences. Lead a team to develop, create, and maintain journey designs that communicate experience architecture and visualizes each end-to-end step, including journey maps, service blueprints, user flows, and employee/system workflows and storyboarding. Improve the end-to-end customer journey by collaborating cross-functionally to ensure a cohesive and aligned approach and vision. Facilitate the design of services and experiences that seamlessly connect our digital and in-store programs. Facilitate large cross-functional workshops in-person and virtually. Spend time in Apple Retail stores and with field leadership to understand the current state experience, customer expectations, and areas to improve. Define requirements for existing and future store programs and to deliver experiences that support an efficient, seamless, and joyful customer experience. Use innovation management practices, like design thinking, to find opportunities, understand end-user needs, and quickly improve journeys. Work quickly to design concepts, introduce innovative pilots, and test in-store to evolve pilots into fully-scaled, productive global programs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience