Office Support/Mail Specialist
Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.
Full Job Description
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a “small company” culture where your ideas will be heard with “big company” expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of complex clerical support duties within a functional group or team. Tasks may include one or more of the following:
- Filing: Maintains classified or indexed records arranged in an established system. May participate in developing new filing methods/systems. Inserts, removes and notes disposition of materials. May search and investigate information contained in files. May insert additional data, prepare routine reports, and provide written information on request.
- Clerk: Performs functions such as photocopying, compiling records, filing, tabulating, posting information and distributing mail. Maintains records, forms, verifies information and resolves more complex problems. May assist in the purchase of office supplies and facility security functions (keys, badges, etc.). May answer and/or screen incoming calls.
- Printing: Completes assignments of higher technical complexity ranging from single and multicolor forms, promotional materials, bulletins, manuals and other printed material including documents requiring merge of covers, text, indexes and related items. Performs necessary equipment set-up and preparatory work. Operates bindery equipment such as folder, cutter, perforator, punches, collator, drill, stapler, padder, etc.
- Document Assembly: Assembles, packages and/or distributes complex policy forms, endorsements, marketing and promotional materials, special forms and output reports to customers (field personnel, agents, insureds, etc.). Performs quality control on products, identifies rejects and returns to appropriate initiating offices, recording rejected materials. Operates basic bindery equipment including perforator, punches and stapler.
- Imaging-Scanning: For more complex customer accounts, scans documents of all types, performing quality control and assuring legibility of all images. Applies automated and/or manual index values at time of scanning. May learn to index scanned and faxed documents for specified customers. Determines priority of work based on customer service level agreements. Performs equipment set-up and maintenance. As needed, may prepare documents for scanning. May prepare documents for offsite storage.
- Mailing: Prepares incoming mail for distribution and processes outgoing mail. Distributes and collects mail, determines and affixes appropriate postage. Maintains records on postage, registered mail and packages. Operates mailroom equipment including postage machine, sorter, inserter, etc. Maintains knowledge of the rules, regulations and procedures of the various mail and package systems/vendors throughout the nation.
- Data Entry: Inputs lists, records or other data points into an electronic format. Audits records/input for quality, accuracy and maintainability.
- Supply: Orders, receives, stores and issues supplies (stationery, office supplies, marketing materials etc.). Maintains established inventory levels by checking shelves and prepares purchase orders or notifies supervisor at established reorder points. Stocks deliveries and checks that deliveries conform to purchase orders (quality and quantity).
- Receptionist: Greets and directs vendors, customers and other visitors and may arrange for escorts. Answers, routes and screens incoming calls.
- Business Phones: Maintains organization knowledge to answer organization-wide toll-free and direct phone lines. Verifies and explores caller’s need to “warm” transfer to appropriate department. Intakes caller information to research and later return and forward the caller to the appropriate department or individual employee. Accesses various business-related computer systems to assist in getting callers to the appropriate party. May monitors email boxes for response or forward.
- Word Processing: Prepares complex documents from various sources of written or dictated input which may include page layouts and charts. Enters corrections, revisions and proofreads output for accuracy and completeness.
- Complies with appropriate company and/or regulatory guidelines (i.e., handling of checks, titles, other negotiable items, etc.).
- Applies knowledge of department operations, policies and procedures and utilizes general understanding of the business and organization.
- May provide guidance and assistance to lower level positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: 3 to 5 years of related experience: Insurance industry preferred. Certification in area of expertise may be required.
Number of Positions:
Great American Insurance Group
1 day ago